Famous for the beauty of its landscape, Viñales Valley is a destination of outstanding interest for those who find in contact with nature a good reason to travel.
Why include Viñales in your itinerary? Belonging to the province of Pinar del Río Viñales Valley has many attractions, here we leave you with 5 good reasons for you to decide to visit it:
- Its almost exclusive mogotes of rounded tops that the Spanish poet Federico García Lorca compared to a group of sleeping elephants.
- It has the Santo Tomás Caves, the largest cave system in America and an underground river that can be traveled by boat.
- The Mural of Prehistory is one of the largest open-air frescoes on the planet with 120 meters in height.
- Being in the province of Pinar del Río Viñales can be part of itineraries that include other places of great beauty within this same province: Cayo Jutías, Cayo Levisa, Las Terrazas, María la Gorda, Rancho La Guabina, Mil Cumbres, among others.
- Pinar del Río is the land of the best tobacco in the world and a visit to Viñales allows you to visit the tobacco plantations and witness this tradition become an excellence.