Why visit Varadero? Varadero has historically been Cuba’s main sun and beach destination. Its fine sands and transparent waters annually welcome millions of Cuban and foreign visitors who enjoy its 22 km of beach. Here are 5 reasons to include Varadero in your itinerary:
- It is located only 140 km from Havana, so it is very easy and fast access from it.
- The transparency of its waters, the blue tones in the sea, the fine and white sands.
- Being in the north of the province of Matanzas, the stay in Varadero allows you to know other near places in this beautiful province such as: the city of Matanzas itself, the city of Cárdenas, the Bellamar Caves, the Yumurí Valley.
- The Varadero Golf Club is the only 18-hole, 72-hole golf course in Cuba, with a length of 6,269 m.
- Varadero is a seafront resort area that has been developing since the 1950s. There are numerous facilities here that are the trace of that time, such as: Josone Park, the Xanadú mansion.