Las Terrazas, Cuba
Why visit Las Terrazas? Located in the Sierra del Rosario, Las Terrazas is undoubtedly one of the most representative nature tourism destinations in Cuba. Here are 7 reasons to include Las Terrazas in your itinerary:
- It is located just 45 km from Havana, so getting here from the capital is easy and fast.
- The “Las Terrazas” complex is considered the first eco-community in the country, a national and international reference for other development areas with similar characteristics.
- It is the homeland of Polo Montañés, “El Guajiro Natural”.
- It is ideal for hiking: it has interpretive trails, gentle walks and strong walks.
- It is possible to bathe in the San Juan and Bayate rivers, as well as in the El Palmar Lake.
- Many activities are possible here: horseback riding, rowing boat rides, kayaks and water bicycles, cycle tours, organized visits to the ruins of the coffee plantations.
- The Canopy Tour consists of a system of 5 platforms supported by wooden towers, arranged at different heights and joined together through steel cables, through which a downward journey of 800 meters in length is made.