With almost 5 centuries accumulating stories, Havana and especially its Historical Center, is one of the most beautiful Ibero-American cities.
Why visit Havana? Founded in 1519 under the name of San Cristóbal de la Habana, the so-called “Wonder City” is the capital of Cuba and it is home to the main national instances of the State and Government, Ministries, diplomatic offices, the main hospitals and research centers as well as sports and cultural institutions. Havana is visited by almost every traveler that arrives in Cuba. We leave you with some reasons that can help you decide to visit Havana in your next holiday:
- Its Historical Center and its System of Fortifications were declared World Heritage Site in 1982 by UNESCO.
- It has a great wealth of history, culture and tradition. It is the cultural pole per excellence of the largest of the Antilles.
- It houses more than a hundred museums, galleries, studios, workshops, exhibition spaces and art centers.
- The city’s nightlife can be one of its main attractions, highlighting emblematic places such as the Parisién, Tropicana, the Rom Cup, the Salón Rojo and the Turquino, together with others recently opened.
- More than 15 km of beaches border the Havana coastline. The most famous are the “Playas del Este” just 20 minutes by car from the city center.
- In Havana you will see the largest concentration of American cars from the 50s. You can even ride in them and travel with style the main streets of the city.
- Declared Wonder City in 2016 when travelers from all over the world selected it among other XX cities.
- From Havana you can easily explore the center and the west of the country. It is the ideal starting point for tours to various destinations on the island, because they are all connected to the capital.
- The José Martí International Airport in Havana, receives more than 50% of international travelers to Cuba.
- In recent years, a plethora of private businesses have been developed that enrich the gastronomic offer, as well as leisure options.